Monday, March 15, 2010

Concert season is right around the corner. Goodbye winter!

Seemingly coinciding perfectly with the melting of the last of the snow, announcements for Spring and Summer concert tours are coming out everyday. Here's a few I'm excited about and hope to be able to shoot in no particular order:

REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar: Aug 20, 2010 - Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
I've shot REO already but I love Pat Benatar. I'm a total sucker for kitchy 80's pop.

Paramore: May 4 - Grand Rapids, MI DeltaPlex
Moving from the 80's rockers to the young kids. Gotta start getting photos of newer acts. The median age of the bands I shoot is, well...too old. These guys are also touring with Tegan and Sara in the summer but as of today no dates have been announced. I'll be all over that one.

Lollapalooza: August 6-8 - Chicago, Grant Park
It was an amazing (and amazingly exhausting) experience last year that I hope to be able to revisit. The Strokes, Lady Gaga, Green Day, and a reunited Soundgarden are signed on already.

Kings Of Leon: 7-31, Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Center
Meh. They're alright.

Elton John: 4-24, Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
Hey! It's Elton John For craps sake. Legend.

U2: 6-30, East Lansing, MI Spartan Stadium
I'd crawl over broken glass to shoot this. Not a very long ways, and I hope no one calls me out on this, but yeah...broken glass.

Nickelback: 5-19, Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
Hey, it's in my neighborhood. I'm gonna want to shoot it.

Daughtry: 5-28, Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
I met Chris Daughtry backstage in 2007 when he played Muskegon Summer Celebration and I was shooting for Pop Evil. Really nice guy. Signed a CD cover for me even though his manager was sticking a phone in his face to do a radio interview. Thanks Chris. You're a pretty good singer too.

Carrie Underwood: 4-23, Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
I haven't shot much in the way of country artists. Maybe because I'm not a big fan of newer country music so I don't know who's worth shooting. It's a different world musically than I come from.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers: 7-22, Detroit, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
The Heartbreakers were the first arena show I ever shot. I'd love to go back and revisit them.

The Swell Season: 5-15, Kalamazoo, MI State Theater
Ohhhh. I can't wait for this one. This will be a date night with Danielle. We both love this group.

So far that's what catches my eye. It's early yet though and many venues have pretty empty schedules after May. That won't last long. Anything I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment